Quake 1 game ported to Apple Watch, running on Series 5.
- uses Quake SW renderer + blitting to WatchKit surface (~60 fps, 640x480, larger res can run on lower framerate, tested up until 1024x768)
- touch + gyro + digital crown controls
- new AVFoundation audio backend (quake to Watchkit audio buffer copy logic), as Watchkit does not support CoreAudio
- high pass audio filter to remove clicking on Watch speaker for some of the low frequency quake .wav samples
- some smaller modifications and code updates to glue Quake 1 c code to Objective C and Watchkit
- built on OSS release of Quake 1 by id software and later Mac and iOS OSS ports github: https://github.com/MyOwnClone/quake_w...
Quake assets are still copyrighted, repo contains only source code. Binaries cannot be distributed on App Store, but having a Mac, you can build the app yourself, I have also provided shell script which can download assets from shareware release of Quake.