- Providing client support and resolving technical issues in person and via e-mail, phone and other electronic media.
- Answering users’ inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation.
- Conferring with users or conducting computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Referring major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for servicing.
- Entering commands and observing system functioning in order to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Overseeing the daily performance of computer systems.
- Setting up equipment for use by employees and ensuring the proper installation of cables, operating systems and appropriate software.
- Preparing evaluations of software or hardware and recommending improvements or upgrades.
- Developing training materials and procedures, or training users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Maintaining knowledge of hardware and software and regularly attending trainings and seminars.
- Conferring with staff and management in order to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Performing light lifting and carrying computers, printers or other technical equipment.
- A working knowledge of Windows environments, Microsoft Office applications, available tools and software applications/utilities.
- Possession of Microsoft certificates (MCP) is an advantage.
- A minimum of two to three years’ work experience in the area of user support and/or system administration.
- OSX and Mac support experience is an advantage (DTP, Quark, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator Creative Cloud knowledge is a plus).
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Hungarian and English.
- Interest in learning new skills and ability to learn fast.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and social skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team player.
Specialised studies in a relevant field are required. A college or university degree is a plus (information technology, computer sciences, electrical engineering).
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of one year, with the possibility of extension.
This full-time position is based at Szentendre, Hungary.
How to apply
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by January 16, 2017, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
2000 Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
Email: recruitment at rec.org
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
(A hirdetés a HUP-Profession szabadkártya felhasználásával került kihelyezésre)