A Linuxról való fókuszváltást "felhasználói szabadság" indokkal magyarázzák.
- Linux kernel forcing adaption of DRM, including HDCP.
- Linux kernel proposed usage of Rust (which contains freedom flaws and a centralized code repository that is more prone to cyber attack and generally requires internet access to use.)
- Linux kernel being written without security and in mind. (KSPP is basically a dead project and Grsec is no longer free software)
- Many GNU userspace and core utils are all forcing adaption of features without build time options to disable them. E.g. (PulseAudio / SystemD / Rust / Java as forced dependencies....)
- HyperbolaBSD is intended to be modular and minimalist so other projects will be able to re-use the code under free license.
Részletek a bejelentésben.