NewPush was formed in 1999 in Denver, Colorado with the vision of providing high reliability and low price hosting. Our services include IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and SaaS (Software as a Service). Our clients are commercial companies ranging in size from startups to enterprises, as well as public sector clients. We focus on reliability, quality, price, integrity, and ease of doing business. Given our customers' needs to host data within their geographies, we provide our own data center hosting capabilities within the US and the European Community, and—through IBM SoftLayer data-centers—throughout the world. We have five offices in the US, and we expanded into Hungary, Europe in 2012. We are opening offices in Mexico and Peru this year.
The Security Engineer will work with technical managers, software development, and IT operations staff to mitigate or remediate vulnerabilities and manage technology risks across the enterprise. Under the supervision of more senior team members, the Security Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of a broad range of security technologies, processes and best practices. This calls for a resourceful engineer with the ability to learn new technologies, interpret complex information, and develop solutions to address security concerns in a timely manner. This role will also contribute to strategic information security operations and planning.
- Assist in the development of technology security requirements and standards aligned to business strategy, security policies and objectives, and technology development and operations processes
- Contribute to evaluation, analysis, development and implementation of IT Security systems/technologies across all security domains, including the necessary documentation to ensure manageability of the systems post implementation
- Provide security support expertise and implement for emerging technologies to include cloud and mobile
- Search for and analyze security technology to reduce risks in every information security segment
- Research and suggest measures to improve IT related procedures, operations, processes and systems, specific to information security concerns, throughout organization providing input for the decision-making process
- Perform security risk analysis for current and new systems and recommend solutions for reducing exposure areas
- Participate in implementing security program plans from the strategic unit of the security organization.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to security processes, systems, procedures and events.
- Responsible for the analysis of the system logs in order to identify suspicious activities and take appropriate action
- Accountable for assisting infrastructure and application teams with prioritization of patches and security fixes following the vulnerability classification program
- Coordinate with different groups to ensure that all application, network and OS environments are patched on a regular basis
- Serve as an information security engineer to deliver outcome in cross-functional technology project settings and through development and delivery of formal and informal information security training
- Analyze system logs/interact with external SOC to identify suspicious activities and take appropriate action
- Review alerts and data from sensors and document formal, technical incident reports
- Create tools for regular reporting of the security program, activities and progress across the organization
- Hands-on experience in technical security engineering, and research
- Demonstrated ability to learn security solutions at a global enterprise level
- Mature understanding of enterprise, network, system/endpoint, and application-level security issues and risks
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking; comfort working with Linux and Microsoft Windows-based system platforms
- Understanding of network, system and application hardening techniques, processes, tools
- Experience with automating and scripting tasks in engineering or security incident handling scenarios
- Excellent communication skills
- Propensity and willingness to learn new technologies
- Demonstrates sense of urgency
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, organized and analytical approach to performing work
- Has good interpersonal skills and is a team player
- Development (scripting) and
- BigFix background is a great advantage
What we offer:
The Security Engineer is a member of the IT Information Security department within NewPush Information Technology organization. The Security Engineer should be technical and proficient with Information Security practices. The engineer will be a self-driven technologist who works closely under the supervision of other senior engineers within the NewPush Security Services department. The incumbent should be able to design, build, operate and monitor bleeding-edge security infrastructure, platforms, applications and tools to meet strategic and tactical security objectives as outlined in NewPush’s security information program.
Jelentkezni lehet a profession.hu oldalán az alábbi linken: https://www.profession.hu/allas/1710437